Software Configuration Manager
At Ericsson, we have always been a leader in driving technology forward, switching from telegraph to telephone all the way to the roll out of 4G. We have helped form the industry’s standards, from NMT and GSM to LTE.
We also have one of the richest telecom heritages and were one of the first companies to establish operations overseas. Even when the company was in its infancy, the founder decided to open a production facility in St. Petersburg, Russia.
And today we continue to expand and innovate to make telecom services affordable and available to all, just as Lars Magnus Ericsson set out to do in 1878 when he sold his first phones.
Software Configuration Manager
DU Core & IMS is providing our customer Circuit Switched and IP Multimedia networks solutions that promote our customers’ business growth by enabling them to offer superior services at competitive cost. We develop Core products and solutions.
Product Development Unit Converged Core (PDU CC) is a PDU within DU Core and IMS. The PDU is responsible for Converged Core Network Solutions and Products, which includes IMS and BCS. The PDU consists of over 1100 employees and is a global organization with main governance in Sweden and with operations in Sweden, Netherlands, Hungary, China and Canada.
The Common Environment department is responsible for the complete Configuration Management (CM, SWCM and TCM), Tools development for nodes and solutions and Lab Management across the PDU. Common Environment also has the responsibility of the development and continuous integration environment developed and used by the PDU.
We are now looking for one additional Software Configuration Manager (SWCM) to join us in developing the IMS and other Converged Core products.
As SWCM you are expected to take lead in Configuration Management and development/release environment related issues in the SW development environment. This includes driving environment/process improvements and creating product handling strategies, as well as handling day to day issues/tasks. Our aim is to automate as many as possible of the manual work tasks, so experience and competence in automation will be necessary. Additionally you should be able to drive continuous improvement by focusing on increased automation, continuous integration and continuous test principles.
- You have an academic degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experiences in all aspects of SW design and development. Additionally you have experience in SW product/revision handling, and Ericsson corporate standards.
- You are interested in working cross functionally and participate in all aspects and tasks within your team. You also know how to manage relationships to achieve the best results.
- You are keen on solving problems as they arise and have a genuine technical interest in understanding and driving product structure and development environment issues.
- You are a pragmatic, people and solution oriented person. You have proven communication and team skills as well as proven skills in working in a distributed and international organization.
- Your English is fluent and you are open-minded and flexible
- Having IMS experience is an advantage.
Senior competence in most of the following areas:
- Experience in product handling according to Ericsson standards.
- Excellent experience in Clearcase.
- Experience in SW development environment handling.
- Proven skills in cross functional team work, preferably in Agile/Scrum teams.
- Experience in unit/module/basic test, code quality assurance and test automation.
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Make, Maven, etc
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Cruise Control, Hudson
- Configuration Management tools such as ClearCase, UCM and GIT.
- Knowledge of a scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, etc and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Scripting & automation abilities
For this position, Ericsson is working with Adecco. Please submit your application at the latest by August 31st by using the link to the local site. The selection and interview process will start in the middle of August due to summer vacations. If you have specific questions or trouble registering your application, you can contact email@example.com